In today’s Old Testament Bible reading Job loses it as he answers Bildad and goes for another round with Zophar. Now remember, Job had to repent for most of what he rambles off today as the three of them spend their time pontificating mistruths about God.
Stay tuned as the original drama between Job and his “friends” antagonize each other. I think this is where the phrase “With friends like these, who needs enemies?” came from.
I added The Message version for this Drama to read and hear it with today’s language.
Job Chapters 19-20 Scriptures (NIV) (MSG) Audio (NIV Dramatized) (MSG)
In the New Testament We pick up at the end of Verse 19 in Acts Chapter 9. Saul has received his vision and now he is starting to preach about Jesus at the synagogues in Damascus. Those that heard him were confused because they had heard about the havoc he caused in Jerusalem regarding the people who were believers in Christ.
Acts 9: 19- 43 Scriptures (NIV) Audio (NIV Dramatized)
Saul receives his vision and starts preaching the truth. Job however is losing his vision and hacks away at his faith as he continues to argue with his “friends”. Just like Saul, the things that are blinding Job’s vision will be removed and he will come to know the truth about God later on when Job has his own meeting with God.
Isn’t it nice to know that in spite of all the mistruths about God and poor representation by his people, we too can have our vision restored when we seek after the truth in God’s word?
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (Proverbs 4:20-22 KJV)
Pastor George Pearsons delivers a truly inspiring and educational message on communication pitfalls that we all experience but, nobody has “talked” about.
Have a Kleenex handy for tears of Joy. Pastor George brought the message to life with real situations most of us experience, either as the speaker or the listener in a conversation. It was so funny my eyes leaked.
Here are two ways to enjoy the message. Audio and Video see emic website for third option to download audio message. Audio is the preferred option.
Audio link: Opens link in new window/tab
Audio link 2: Does not open link in new window/tab. (mobile users)
Video link: Video is playing some users still having issues with playback.
Thank you Pastor George Pearsons and the staff at Eagle Mountain International Church for you online messages and streaming coverage of the miracles and more on Eagle Mountain. See www.emic.org for more information, video archives, and schedules of upcoming events.
Image courtesy of pakorn/freedigitalphotos-net
Every worship leader has the experience from time to time of a service that just seems to fall flat. The songs didn’t work, or the musicians didn’t gel, or the technology didn’t cooperate, or the congregation didn’t respond. Whatever the reason(s), even in the most passionate of congregations, there are times when the singing […]
via When Your Congregation Isn’t Singing: 15 Questions — Worthily Magnify
Beautiful article.. read and be encouraged.
Source: Don’t Be A Monkey
Don’t Be a Monkey
Another refreshing article on worship by Jamie Brown. To view other blog posts please see worthilymagnify.com
Once in awhile you see something as neat as this. A real worshiper speaking from his heart.
This little article is something worship leaders throughout time have been trying to get across to the public.
It’s not the music or the songs it’s why we’re worshiping in the first place. Enjoy!
Traditional vs contemporary? Hymns vs projector screens? Are you guilty of worshiping music more than you are of worshiping God?
Source: The Worship Wars
Favorite Free resources for Bible Study
- My favorite “Read through the Bible in a year” plan. The AWMI Bible Reading plan.pdf. This plan was amazingly fresh and new. It seemed that many of the nuggets from the daily reading were directly related to the circumstances of 2015. It was quite a year and it was very neat to have that perfect word for the situation of the day. It is also broken down in easy to read segments. Read the Old Testament in the morning and the New Testament at night or both in the same sitting.
- Bible.is Various dramatic and non-dramatic audio versions of the Bible some with text to follow along as you listen to the scriptures being read.
- BibleGateway.com Another free resource for audio Bibles and text to follow.
- e – Sword: This is an amazing resource for Bible Study. Various downloadable versions of the Bible in a platform to maximize learning. Also available is a Cd to purchase. Free modules of Commentaries, Dictionaries, maps, you name it there is a module available. They also have copyright protected versions available for purchase from the various publishers. If there ever was a Wal-Mart or Target for all things Bible e-Sword is it. They also have a lite version available for purchase in the app store.
- YouTube.com This website is filled with messages from Bible Teachers all over the world living and passed on. Every denomination is represented and all you have to do is type in a name and see what videos are posted. Almost all of the current ministries have videos.
- Itunes Itunes is similar to YouTube except you can save audio clips and subscribe to your favorite Bible Teachers and Preachers. You must set up an Itunes account first and have it installed on your computer either PC or Apple. Then you can subscribe to broadcasts and go to your own Bible School listening to the teachers you prefer and the subjects you are inspired to learn.
- Honorable mention: iTBN another free resource for Bible Teachers, Preachers, and Evangelists. It is not as user friendly as YouTube and ITunes and you cannot create a playlist. They do have a mini tutorial at the website. Please be sure to watch it. If you know the exact spelling of the minister/ministry or program name the search box is very helpful. If you do not know the exact spelling the best way to find teaching is to go the People tab and go through the alphabetical list of names and click on the names you know and trust for accurate Biblical teaching.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. Regardless what minister/ministry you listen to for Bible Study, ALWAYS – ALWAYS – ALWAYS double check what is said with the Bible for accuracy.
2015 Has been quite a year of discovery. Stay tuned as we put together a list of favorite things that have affected my 2015 and I want to share all of these FREE resources. Start your 2016 off with these great tools for your personal study or ministry.
Periscope is the latest opportunity in Ministry. From a few minutes to an hour or so Periscope is a way to reach your followers quickly and with more of a personal touch.
Tools you will need:
- You and either an IPhone or Android Smartphone.
- Free Twitter account.
- The FREE Periscope app in the app stores
- Access to wifi or cellular data. (Wifi is best unless you have unlimited cellular data plan)
How I’ve seen people use the app.
- Ministers getting ready to minister and they broadcast from the “green room”.
- Ministers announcing upcoming meetings and hopping on Periscope to pray for viewers.
- Mini devotions.
- Interesting “teachable moments” from real life.
- I’ve also seen ministries use the app to show what people are going through in Nepal.
Notes about Periscope.
- A few helpful terms: “Scope” is what they call a broadcast. Here is a link to a good short version of understanding the lingo on Periscope. Key Terms for Periscope
- It’s live. Be prepared to start as soon as you tap the broadcast button. A “Welcome” is a good way to start telling people who you are and the purpose of you broadcast or “scope”
- Watch a few tutorials before starting your own periscope broadcast. YouTube has a lot this one is my favorite. You can spend hours watching short versions or just watch this one.
- Terry White Tutorial
- It’s live have the camera pointed toward something you want people to see when the “scope” starts. It will automatically use the back camera. Then you can tap your phone to turn the camera around to show your face while you are talking to the camera.
- Honestly you really need to find a tutorial you like. I’ll be posting more helpful videos as I find them to my Media in Ministry playlist on YouTube Media In Ministry
- How do you find other ministries using Periscope to get an idea of how to use Periscope? Some ministries on Twitter use periscope. If you are following a ministry on Twitter you can see when they are live on Periscope.
- Have something to set your phone in for the broadcast. You really do not want to hold your phone unless you can hold it still.
- Just like anything else Periscope is live with real people. Just like TV there are some shows or “scopes” you don’t want to watch. Be safe and just watch “scopes” from ministers you know of and follow on Twitter.
- About Periscope and the Bible. Please verify anything you hear on Periscope with the Bible. Just because someone is broadcasting what they believe to be true doesn’t mean it is.
Well that’s it for now…. Periscope looks like it may be the alternative we’ve all been waiting for in Ministry. You can broadcast short helpful teachings and make announcements for your ministry.
I would encourage you to open up your Twitter app and type #periscope in the twitter search box and scroll through to see which of your favorite ministries have broadcast lately. The replays can be watched for 24 hours on Periscope after the “Live” broadcast (scope) Tomorrow is Wednesday in the US and a lot of ministers/churches use periscope before going out to preach the Wednesday Night service. With New Years Eve coming up some ministries are taking behind the scene looks at their preparation for the New Years Eve Services. This week is a great time to check out your twitter feeds and see if anyone you follow uses Periscope. It’s brand new so don’t be too disappointed if you do not see many of your favorite ministries.
Watch my twitter feed this week I’ll be sharing “scopes” by various ministries so you can see how other ministries use periscope to spread the gospel.
Duane Sherriff is in rare form in this hilarious message. From mishaps before the AWMI conference meeting and the general delivery characteristic of Duane Sherriff.
After the testimonies be sure to watch the video before the message.
Have a good laugh and get well during this video presentation.
AWMI Healing is Here Conference 2014 with Duane Sherriff.
The other day I was searching for a new resource for teaching. I like to listening to scriptural teachings and not fluff or doctrinal rumors and wives tales.
I wanted to listen to a lady minister because, sorry guys, sometimes a girl just needs to hear another girl talk. There are some things that only another girl understands.
I went to a favorite website that is easy to search for ministries. My approach was scientific… well maybe not. I went through the alphabet looking for feminine names. Not an easy task as many names have become transgendered.
I did find a name with a teaching title that caught my attention. I listened to the message and it was great. I dropped the minister a line and left a thank you. Just a small thank you for a message that inspired me and was helpful.
Now here is the amazing thing. In the back of my mind I had a challenge that was interfering with a certain situation. Believe it or not but that “out of the blue” Thank you to a perfect stranger actually led to them fixing the challenge that I had. I didn’t ask them a thing. God just put it on their heart to share with me the exact thing I needed.
Talk about a random act of Kindness. Only God could have done that. Just a simple encouragement or a simple gesture of kindness because it seemed like the right thing to do. And Voila, God is on the scene and does something that only He can do.
I’m still a little awestruck. Just to think out of all the people in the world with all the issues in the world. God would bless me just because he loves me. Now that’s amazing.
I’m nobody any more special than anyone else but, my heavenly Father thinks I ROCK! He thinks you rock too. The next time you feel inspired to encourage someone or show a random act of Kindness, don’t think it’s silly and skip out on a blessing. Do it anyway and be obedient. Then be quick to recognize what God does on your behalf and praise Him for it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.