2015 Has been quite a year of discovery. Stay tuned as we put together a list of favorite things that have affected my 2015 and I want to share all of these FREE resources. Start your 2016 off with these great tools for your personal study or ministry.
Periscope is the latest opportunity in Ministry. From a few minutes to an hour or so Periscope is a way to reach your followers quickly and with more of a personal touch.
Tools you will need:
- You and either an IPhone or Android Smartphone.
- Free Twitter account.
- The FREE Periscope app in the app stores
- Access to wifi or cellular data. (Wifi is best unless you have unlimited cellular data plan)
How I’ve seen people use the app.
- Ministers getting ready to minister and they broadcast from the “green room”.
- Ministers announcing upcoming meetings and hopping on Periscope to pray for viewers.
- Mini devotions.
- Interesting “teachable moments” from real life.
- I’ve also seen ministries use the app to show what people are going through in Nepal.
Notes about Periscope.
- A few helpful terms: “Scope” is what they call a broadcast. Here is a link to a good short version of understanding the lingo on Periscope. Key Terms for Periscope
- It’s live. Be prepared to start as soon as you tap the broadcast button. A “Welcome” is a good way to start telling people who you are and the purpose of you broadcast or “scope”
- Watch a few tutorials before starting your own periscope broadcast. YouTube has a lot this one is my favorite. You can spend hours watching short versions or just watch this one.
- It’s live have the camera pointed toward something you want people to see when the “scope” starts. It will automatically use the back camera. Then you can tap your phone to turn the camera around to show your face while you are talking to the camera.
- Honestly you really need to find a tutorial you like. I’ll be posting more helpful videos as I find them to my Media in Ministry playlist on YouTube Media In Ministry
- How do you find other ministries using Periscope to get an idea of how to use Periscope? Some ministries on Twitter use periscope. If you are following a ministry on Twitter you can see when they are live on Periscope.
- Have something to set your phone in for the broadcast. You really do not want to hold your phone unless you can hold it still.
- Just like anything else Periscope is live with real people. Just like TV there are some shows or “scopes” you don’t want to watch. Be safe and just watch “scopes” from ministers you know of and follow on Twitter.
- About Periscope and the Bible. Please verify anything you hear on Periscope with the Bible. Just because someone is broadcasting what they believe to be true doesn’t mean it is.
Well that’s it for now…. Periscope looks like it may be the alternative we’ve all been waiting for in Ministry. You can broadcast short helpful teachings and make announcements for your ministry.
I would encourage you to open up your Twitter app and type #periscope in the twitter search box and scroll through to see which of your favorite ministries have broadcast lately. The replays can be watched for 24 hours on Periscope after the “Live” broadcast (scope) Tomorrow is Wednesday in the US and a lot of ministers/churches use periscope before going out to preach the Wednesday Night service. With New Years Eve coming up some ministries are taking behind the scene looks at their preparation for the New Years Eve Services. This week is a great time to check out your twitter feeds and see if anyone you follow uses Periscope. It’s brand new so don’t be too disappointed if you do not see many of your favorite ministries.
Watch my twitter feed this week I’ll be sharing “scopes” by various ministries so you can see how other ministries use periscope to spread the gospel.
Duane Sherriff is in rare form in this hilarious message. From mishaps before the AWMI conference meeting and the general delivery characteristic of Duane Sherriff.
After the testimonies be sure to watch the video before the message.
Have a good laugh and get well during this video presentation.
The other day I was searching for a new resource for teaching. I like to listening to scriptural teachings and not fluff or doctrinal rumors and wives tales.
I wanted to listen to a lady minister because, sorry guys, sometimes a girl just needs to hear another girl talk. There are some things that only another girl understands.
I went to a favorite website that is easy to search for ministries. My approach was scientific… well maybe not. I went through the alphabet looking for feminine names. Not an easy task as many names have become transgendered.
I did find a name with a teaching title that caught my attention. I listened to the message and it was great. I dropped the minister a line and left a thank you. Just a small thank you for a message that inspired me and was helpful.
Now here is the amazing thing. In the back of my mind I had a challenge that was interfering with a certain situation. Believe it or not but that “out of the blue” Thank you to a perfect stranger actually led to them fixing the challenge that I had. I didn’t ask them a thing. God just put it on their heart to share with me the exact thing I needed.
Talk about a random act of Kindness. Only God could have done that. Just a simple encouragement or a simple gesture of kindness because it seemed like the right thing to do. And Voila, God is on the scene and does something that only He can do.
I’m still a little awestruck. Just to think out of all the people in the world with all the issues in the world. God would bless me just because he loves me. Now that’s amazing.
I’m nobody any more special than anyone else but, my heavenly Father thinks I ROCK! He thinks you rock too. The next time you feel inspired to encourage someone or show a random act of Kindness, don’t think it’s silly and skip out on a blessing. Do it anyway and be obedient. Then be quick to recognize what God does on your behalf and praise Him for it.
Source: The Problem With Prayer